Travel 50% l Europe + USA l Group l
Location determines package l
Budget Responsibility l Report to CIO
Role Level / Title: Executive Director – CISO
- 🔍 London, Amsterdam, Paris, Frankfurt
- 📁 Leadership – Executive
- 📅 March 31st, 2024 – Application Deadline
We are on the lookout for a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to join our client.
As their CISO, you’ll share the responsibility with their executive team to shape, implement, and manage their enterprise’s information security program in line with their company’s vision and priorities.
You’ll play a pivotal role in identifying, assessing, and reporting legal, regulatory, IT, and cybersecurity risks to their information assets, while aligning with the objectives of the current or future group of companies.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), you’ll be an integral part of the IT Executive Committee and co-chair the Group IS and Cyber Security group alongside the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO). Expect regular reporting to the board and involvement in other committees as needed.
Your primary focus will be on establishing and maintaining their information security program, ensuring the protection of IP, information assets, technology, applications, systems, infrastructure, and processes within their growing digital landscape.
You’ll provide leadership and guidance to all teams while managing stakeholder expectations. Collaboration is key; you’ll work across portfolios and business units, fostering a culture of awareness and adherence to all information security policies and standards.It is very important that you can successfully operate at a multi-level and in a multi-cultural environment.
We’re looking for someone who can articulate the significance of cybersecurity in the digital realm and provide pragmatic recommendations to mitigate risks to colleagues, board of directors, and senior stakeholders.
As CISO, you’ll need a deep understanding of business priorities and environments to maintain fully functional and secure information systems that comply with EU and non-EU legal, regulatory, and contractual obligations.
You’ll oversee assurance activities related to confidentiality, integrity, availability, safety, and recovery of information, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
Recognising the complexity of the current technology business structure, you’ll prioritise information security within and beyond our organisational perimeter.You eye and thinking will be on the today and the tomorrow in 3 or 5 or 7 years time.
Financially astute, you’ll monitor budgets and authorise expenditures, whilst demonstrating accountability and respoonsibility across various budgets.
You will be a communicator and collaborator who can bridge the gap between business and technology portfolios, integrate people, processes, and technology seamlessly.
You must navigate diverse perspectives and opinions while upholding cybersecurity as fundamental to achieving client group business objectives.
This role demands expertise in IT and organisational risk management, with the ability to influence policy directives effectively.
Leading a team, you’ll already have experience and “on the job” learning to provide expert guidance and coordination across functions.
- Understanding of relevant local and EU legal and regulatory requirements.
- Familiarity with information security management frameworks such as ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL, COBIT, NIST, CIS, and GDPR.
- Proficiency in business management and information security risk management.
- Strong collaboration skills across diverse stakeholders and business units.
- Excellent decision-making and planning abilities, especially in high-pressure situations.
- Demonstrated success in senior leadership roles in risk management, information security, and IT or OT security.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or technical technology-related field, Master`s in Computer Science, IT or Business together with relevant experience leading to being appointed a CISO.
Additional Certifications Preferred:
– CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CIPP, or similar credentials.
- Applications close at 23:59 CET on the specified end date.
- This is a undisclosed search – candidates selected for interview will be advised when meeting in-person.
- Interview expenses and any flight costs will be re-imbursed and candidates must allow up to 21 days for processing / payment at month end.
- Security screening, including a criminal record check or Vulnerable Sector Search, is mandatory before commencement of employment. All client employees must disclose any charges or convictions during their tenure with them.
Please contact Andrew Travers directly to discuss this role, your suitability or accessibility needs should you have any questions prior to making an application.
Est. Start Date
2mths From Today
Personal or Company
22 + Statutory