US/Swiss Tax Qualified – Multi Entity and Jurisdictions
European Tax Manager - Manufacturing
A new European position has been created for a European Tax Manager to join the tax department of a US NYSE listed manufacturing company.
The company has a global presence and seeks to now recruit additional staff to support the Finance function in Switzerland.
As European Tax Manager, you will be involved in the following:-
- Tax technical and transaction advice relating to merger, acquisition and divestment work including reviewing transaction documentation from a tax perspective.
- Proactive identification of planning opportunities and ensuring planning ideas are actioned.
- Liaison with, and management of local tax region and countries together with the USA Head Office.
- Handling general queries from the various business units relating to corporate tax, indirect and payroll taxes.
Tax Accounting & Reporting
- Advice and assistance to local European Finance and Treasury on completion of the tax related disclosures – quarterly pack, group reporting and preparation of summary or other reports for management.
- Consideration of the deferred tax position of each company under IFRS and support in tax modelling.
- Advice and assistance on completion of the tax related disclosures for the annual pack relating to forecasts and budgets including review of individual reporting packs and preparation of overall summary reports for management.
- Preparation of quarterly tax review reports analysing the effective tax rate of the group.
- Monitor and control local corporate tax compliance for the group at local and European level for the group.
- Perform periodic tax control visits to local group entities and manufacturing plants.
- Consideration of the transfer pricing implications of transactions entered into by the group and the preparation and maintenance of transfer pricing studies.
- Liaison with professional advisers as necessary.
Tax Audit Defence
- Liaison with local management and advisers in relation to any enquiries received from local tax authorities and dealing with the same in a timely and effective manner.
- Attendance at meetings with local tax authorities as required.
- Supply local group companies with advice, assistance and information as necessary in order to defend or resolve outstanding tax enquiries.
Given the diverse geographical footprint of the businesses supported by the tax function the International Tax Manager will be expected to travel to 6 countries in Europe as or when required.
Additional travel may be required to support or work together with Asia-Pac or the Americas tax colleagues.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate should typically have a recognised accounting or tax qualification, self-starter with energy who will have worked in an international tax environment, preferably in industry (manufacturing, industrial or similar), for at least 5 years post qualification.
- An understanding of European and US taxation rules
- Swiss residency qualification and able to travel freely inside / outside Europe without visa restrictions or delays.
- PwC, EY or similar experience with a network of existing relationships in Switzerland.
- A personality which says you are proactive and evidence in your past work of proposing a major tax or reporting tax change.
Application and Interview
- First interview in person with local group treasurer and VP HR EMEA
- Second Interview – Video conference call with Head of Tax – USA
- Third interview – CFO, EMEA Financial Controller – In Person
- Fourth Interview – VP HR EMEA, President EMEA, VP – Global Tax
Candidate – Swiss based in Zurich, manufacturing, technology sector experience with knowledge of Tax Advisory, M&A tax, US GAAP, Transfer Pricing.
Salary – As per mandate requirements, upper quartile
Project go live to candidate start – 190 days due to project interview process and 3 month end of quarter resignation clause.