Bookkeeper - Ambitious?
About The Client
Hospitality company with a potential work location in Beds or Bucks.
They work closely together in-person and have recently adopted MS Teams group-wide.
They are a customer service firm first and they are incredibly focused on serving their customers.
What matters to them and their employees is not your “corporate large company” needs, more you are keen to learn, develop and progress within the group.
As a full-time Bookkeeper / Accounting Assistant, you’ll be an essential part of the team.
To be successful in any role with the client:
Each employee is expected to know how to use a O365 and its software ( willing to learn to use them – self-study or by a colleague helping). There is a Tech Team that can help with tech issues but it’s important that you are tech-forward, willing to troubleshoot issues on your end, ask for help when needed, enjoying learning new apps, and never mind doing a quick Google search to find an answer to something.
Please note: this position is only available to UK residents (local residents given preference).
About the Role
- Bookkeeping – You’ll support our client by performing monthly bookkeeping and reconciliations in SAGE ( soon to be Xero) web-based accounting software, following up with clients, filing VAT returns, and generating reports.
- Support – You’ll quickly learn the accounting systems we use on a daily basis and be able to offer high-quality accounting support. With guidance from the client operations team, it is you’ll help in the development of the accounting software capabilities by using apps or other integrations you think would be useful.
- Future development – There’s room to grow and to take on more responsibilities in time locally or elsewhere in the group.
- Personable – You’re personable and have great communication skills.
- Curious – You’re a quick learner, like to take time to develop yourself and can figure things out on your own whilst easily adapting to changes.
- Accountable – You are responsible and you can roll up your sleeves to get the job done and ensure the quality of your work is high and that deadlines are met.
- Independent – You’re comfortable working from the office, able to fit in the odd personal need with your workflow and if you work late because of a deadline, start late or finish early another time. It is up to you to be focussed and diligent.
- Interested – Ideally you have 3+ years of experience in full-cycle bookkeeping.
Appeal to someone:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00-£35,950.00 per year
- Candidate – Luton based.
- Tax and VAT and month end / year end preparation
- Salary – 33K+
- Project go live to candidate start – 18 days (candidate had 1 week notice).