Finance Administrator - Hospitality
- Open to work with others?
About The Client
Small hotel group with franchised and owned hotels is seeking to build up a remote regional finance team (de-centralise).
It is in response to COVID and current team members working well together on MS Teams and other tools.
As a full-time remote finance administrator, you may know this role as bookkeeper or hotel finance manager (subject to experience).
You’ll be an essential part of their team and some Head Office training will be provided to assist with onboarding.
Please note: this position is only available to UK residents (local residents given preference).
About the Role
- Bookkeeping – You’ll support our client by performing monthly bookkeeping and reconciliations in Oracle accounting software, following up with clients, filing VAT returns, and generating reports.
- Support – You’ll quickly learn the accounting systems, codes and “special ways” of working we have because of your colleagues desire for you to succeed. Help comes in many forms and please do not hesitate to ask – knowledge sharing is seen as a positive, as is life-long learning.
- Documentation – You’ll work on existing document finance – AR -AP workflows, develop or update as or when it makes sense because they will be used by your colleagues.
- Future development – There’s room to grow and to take on more responsibilities in time. Education financial support is provided after 12 months of employment.
- Personable – You’re personable and have great communication skills.
- Curious – You’re a quick learner, like to take time to develop yourself and can figure things out on your own whilst easily adapting to changes.
- Accountable – You are responsible and you can roll up your sleeves to get the job done and ensure the quality of your work is high and that deadlines are met.
- Independent – You’re comfortable working from the office, at home and can adjust to possible situations such as deadlines, start late or finish early another time. Hotels are not 9 to 5 as we know, year-end, PMS reports running behind schedule, there are all sorts of situations which may impact work.
- Techy – You know your way around a computer and enjoy apps, gadgets and technology.
- Interested – Ideally you have 5+ years of finance experience. Time as a full-cycle bookkeeper in hospitality an advantage.
Do you think this role appeals? If so, please send a full CV with work and education history.
- St Albans location.
- Accounts Supervisor for a Pub / hotel and restaurant chain.
- Salary – upper quartile
- Project go live to candidate start – 53 days