London – South of England
£36 – 45,000 + benefits
London & UK l Installation Lead | CCNA l Hospitality Sector |
25 yrs+ ago
Job Type: Full-Time
UK Driving Licence and a CCNA are mandatory. The CCNA can be current or recently expired.
You will have a minimum 5 years work experience in IT, completed an apprenticeship or related activities on LAN/WAN and VLAN topic areas.
We are currently seeking a skilled and motivated Networking Engineer to join our client`s dynamic IT field engineering team.
This role primarily focuses on managing voice and data networking infrastructure, as well as installing and configuring related equipment.
You will be cross trained on tehnologies.
You will work on physical installation tasks, such as cable pulling, socket termination, wireless access point (WAP) installation (including Aruba and Meraki wireless systems), and mounting small wall cabinets for switches (including Cisco and HP servers).
When not on-site installing, you will be working on helpdesk support, pre-sales operations, configuration of equipment, network management and more as outlined below:
- Design, configure, and maintain voice and data networking infrastructure.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot network equipment, including routers, switches (including Cisco and HP servers), firewalls, and wireless access points (including Aruba and Meraki wireless systems).
- Perform cable pulling and socket termination for voice and data connections.
- Install and configure wireless access points (including Aruba and Meraki systems) for optimal coverage and performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve networking issues.
- Conduct regular network performance monitoring and analysis using network monitoring tools.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging networking technologies and trends.
- Document network configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting steps.
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) certification is a must, if it has recently expired or you are close to passing the test, please be honest and let us know when you apply.
- Proven experience in data networking.
- Familiarity with wireless access point installation and configuration (including Aruba and Meraki systems).
- Good understanding of networking principles and protocols, network security and compliance standards.
- Experience with network monitoring tools (e.g., Nagios, SolarWinds, PRTG).
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Competitive salary package.
- Company car or car allowance (you must have a UK FULL driving licence and be able to drive)
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- Cutting-edge technology stack (including Cisco and HP servers, Aruba and Meraki wireless systems).
- Work-life balance.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements and are excited about the opportunity to work as a Networking Engineer in a dynamic and innovative environment, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience.
In all our Field IT roles:
We are not looking for the IT geek behind a screen in an office or at home, we are looking for someone who can fit into a team, engage in client conversations, go on site and work with clients or 3rd party vendors, be open and willing to contribute and learn from others around them.
Travers Search is based in Zürich Switzerland and specialises in engineering, IT and Technology related hiring projects mainly in the UK, EU and Switzerland.
Est. Start Date
2mths From Today
22 + Statutory
Personal Lease l Company