Customer loving and willing to “put out fires” if they occur
Field Service Engineer - Instrumentation / Laboratory
Under direction of the Head of Service and After Sales, works in an assigned territory to support operations and help the client company to achieve its customer satisfaction KPI`s.
After training, additional customers or key account duties will be assigned to help promote learning, development and future opportunities at work.
Bilingual German plus ( French / Engish) candidates preferred for this role.
- Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installations.
- Makes necessary diagnosis of faults, user training needs, troubleshooting, service and repair of complex instruments and systems.
- Post training, performs routine, non-routine technical repairs of all systems assigned.
- Instructs customers in the proper operation, maintenance and trouble-shooting of instruments and systems.
- Responsible for complying with all appropriate HS, client and regulatory policies, procedures, work instructions and records.
- Schedules calls, coordinates, and presents pertinent information at Operations User Group Seminars and internal workshops.
- Assists the Area Service Manager in the management and assessment of customer complaints.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Regional or Head of Service Managers.
Key Personal Skills:
- Sense of humour and a fantastic client facing attitude
- Listening, patience and presentation skills
Knowledge and Experience required for the position:
- Bachelor level degree in Electronics, Biomedical Engineering or Medical Technology.
- Minimum of three years’ field service experience in the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of instrumentation or scientific equipment.
- O 365 Skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) including the ability to manipulate data, create training materials and build presentations.
- Travel 40% by car in assigned territory with some need to fly in the future for training, business meetings and other work.
Application and Interview
COVID safety measures apply:
- First interview by video
- Second interview – group video call with 3 members of team ( understand the work and ask questions)
- Third Interview – Hiring Manager
Application in English:
- CV / Resume in English
- Salary expectations
- Advice of start date / your notice period
- A written summary of your instrumentation or medical device experience.
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Thank you for your interest in this role