SCM Plant Manager – Multiple Packaging Initiatives
Manager - Packaging Logistics (€4.0m Packing Material Budget)
About the job
A new EMEA strategy is being deployed which includes changes to the SCM / Transport function, creating a new role with responsibility for the packaging and packing policy.
The new manager will be expected to:
- Focus on new environmental goals whilst devising new policies, updating existing ones and ensuring that the warehouse operations are legally and company compliant and consistent in their application of inbound and outbound packing standards.
- Ensure that all health and safety requirements in all existing EMEA warehouse operations are met.
- Assume a lead role in projects aimed at implementing packaging operations, changes in handling methods or new solutions tested and applied in the existing or new product / after sales parts warehouses.
Take the lead role with any 3PP used to carry out packaging or packing activity on behalf of the company.
- Play an active part in any new Regional “Our World” sustainability and recycling initiative related to inventory optimisation, planning and new packaging development
The new Manager Packaging Logistics will be located in France at one of the primary level distribution centres and a relocation package will support any candidate (France or Non-France based).
Desired Skills and Experience
It is important that anyone applying for this role has the following:
- A sound knowledge of the new and aftermarket issues related to Medtech supply chain. Additional knowledge of FMCG or automotive processes a plus.
- Experience of working to ISO 13485 on local plant, or corporate SCM projects a must.
- An excellent level of knowledge regarding packaging and packing requirements, including the legislative requirements covering all aspects of material applications, packaging and waste.
- The type of personality and experience which will strengthen supplier and internal customer relationships, negotiate better terms and be quick to advise on rebate programs, special prices and other influences on corporate contracts.
- A high level of understanding of the packing requirements and applications in multi-mode transport including road, container and airfreight.
- Experience with use of technology and its application (pick n place / auto bag, robotic developments etc.), coupled to an ability to support the development and impact of new technology strategies in multiple sites.
- Business English language skills with a good level of communication in French (spoken and written).
- A professional qualification, a University degree is desired but not essential.
- A minimum of 4 years working in material, packaging and similar logistic or transportation environments. Experience of a cost or material reduction project as a team lead is a must.
Important – ALL applicants must be located in Europe to support relocation.
Application and Interview
- First Interview – Operations Director telephone interview
- Second interview – Interview Day at Office/Warehouse location (require 1 day holiday) – Logistics Supervisor and Plant Manager, HR Manager
- Final Interview – HR Manager, Senior Manager, Operations Director
- Candidate – Located in Marseille region, 9 years work experience – set up SCM function forpharma start-up and sought “large company” experience.
- Salary – mid-range with a €10,000 sign-on/relocation package.
- Project go live to candidate start – 118 days because candidate had end of month, one month notice period
Machinery US/Swiss Tax Qualified – DACH Jurisdictions Request Callback Completed Project DACH Tax Manager A new position has been created for a Tax Manager DACH to join the tax department...Learn More