Truck and Bus
Commodity Manager – Value Bundling
Strategic Purchasing Commodity Manager - Electronics
About the job
This role is located at a OEM brand manufacturing centre in Bayern, not far from München.
The global Head Office is located in the USA and the Regional EMEA office is located in Germany.
The Group has revenues in excess of €5 billion and trades in over 100 countries across the globe.
The role is a strategic role, working across multiple brands and supplier layers to help develop the future design and processes of the Global and Regional sourcing roadmap for all commodity groups.
The work will include supporting R&D, manufacturing and engineering, existing and new product development.
An experienced purchasing and commodity professional, you will be the functional lead for “all things electronic”
Desired Skills and Experience
- Manufacturing industry commodity purchasing for €60 million or more currently
- Possess a good understanding of engineered products manufacturing industries ( any truck, bus, automotive, off-highway, military vehicle or related component or commodity experience a must)
- Able to negotiate in English and in German
- 6 – 9 years experience as a purchasing manager or buyer as a minimum
- Exposure to LCC sourcing, frame contracts and multi-country working in Europe
- Pro-active attitude, professional with a good understanding of inter-cultural issues on international engineering projects
- Strong negotiation skills and a “facilitator” creative commercial mindset, not fixed and positional
- Willing to travel 60% around Europe on average per week, typically as a 1-2 day trip to a company plant, supplier site or R&D technology centre in Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal and elsewhere
- Educated to degree level at University Bachelor or Master (preferred)
- Formal studies in electronics or mechatronics desired
Application and Interview
- First interview with local HR and Department Head
- Second Interview Group Purchasing Manager and 2 colleagues
- Final Interview – HR, VP Purchasing EMEA
- Candidate – Located within 50 Km of plant, 12 years work experience – plant operations and commodity purchasing (interior audio cabin and braking systems)
- Salary – upper quartile of band provided
- Project go live to candidate start – 173 days due to required 90 day notice period fulfilment
Machinery US/Swiss Tax Qualified – DACH Jurisdictions Request Callback Completed Project DACH Tax Manager A new position has been created for a Tax Manager DACH to join the tax department...Learn More
Truck and Bus Commodity Manager – Value Bundling Request Callback Completed Project Strategic Purchasing Commodity Manager – Electronics About the job This role is located at a OEM brand manufacturing...Learn More
Machinery US/Swiss Tax Qualified – Multi Entity and Jurisdictions Request Callback Completed Project European Tax Manager – Manufacturing A new European position has been created for a European Tax Manager...Learn More