Strategic Purchasing Manager - Electronics
About the job
This role is located at a Tier 1 automotive in Switzerland.
The global Head Office is located in the USA and the Regional EMEA office is located in Switzerland.
The Group and all its business units has revenues in excess of €8 billion and trades in over 105 countries across the globe.
The role is a strategic role, working across multiple suppliers to help develop the future Global and Regional sourcing roadmap.
The work will include working together with OEM and internal teams including R&D, manufacturing and engineering.
An experienced purchasing and commodity professional, you will be the functional lead for “all things electronic”
Desired Skills and Experience
Manufacturing industry commodity purchasing for €60 million or more currently
Possess a good understanding of engineered products manufacturing industries ( automotive Tier 1 preferred)
Able to negotiate in French and English
8+ years experience as a purchasing manager or buyer including a role at plant level.
Exposure to LCC sourcing, frame contracts and multi-country working in Europe
Willing to travel 50% around Europe on average per week
Educated to degree level at University Bachelor or Master (preferred)
Formal studies in electronics, mechatronics or electrical topics required
Application and Interview
- First interview with local HR and Department Head
- Second Interview Group Purchasing Manager and 2 colleagues
- Final Interview – HR, VP Purchasing EMEA
- Candidate – Located in German speaking part of Switzerland
- Salary – within thresholds and an uplift for move
- Project go live to candidate start – 185 days including required 90 day notice period fulfilment