Complex or Simple?
A Systems Engineer knows the difference
A client is seeking a Systems Engineer to provide Subject Matter Expertise together with hands-on engineering and technical support across a number of projects.
We are seeking a professional with expertise in the scientific sector with examples of practical application of their theoretical systems engineering studies.
The client company provides innovative engineering and systems integration consulting services in the DACH region.
This position requires:
- Provide senior-level engineering expertise for system development, systems engineering, and configuration and process management of product development and client customisation systems. Not all processes are perfectly aligned and some will need creating and integrated.
- Provide technical expertise and knowledge share learning development to support future company information technology and Intranet development.
- Develop, update and review highly detailed engineering documentation such as Performance Specifications, Engineering Designs and Diagrams, System Engineering Plans, Technical Review Action Plans.
- Provide direct support to sales and account management with some customer interaction as or when required.
- Lead or participate in collaboration and coordination with vendors and stakeholders across multiple project owners to ensure the timely delivery of of milestones and objectives.
- Provide subject matter expertise in systems engineering best practices and recommendations.
- Support the execution of System Engineering Technical Review (SETR) and when directed, define, recommend, and support Configuration Management processes.
- Master’s Degree with over 7 years work experience which will include Medical Technology, Scientific Instruments, Defence or Space.
- Ability to collaborate, communicate and interact at all levels in a clear engaging style with senior staff, country managers, colleagues and clients.
- English and German language skills (B2-C1, native speaker or fluent for both)
- Extensive knowledge in hands-on engineering participation with at least one highly complex systems, preferably as a team leader or project lead. The project must include delivery of new solutions and support down to the circuit, subcomponent and component level.
- Knowledge and experience in reviewing, improving, and documenting technical systems architectures, plans, processes, and related improvements
- Proficiency with O365 Microsoft Family of Software, tools such as Visio, SharePoint, Project and similar.
- Ability to work well independently
- An understanding of artifacts, and interrelations between the various viewpoints for example: Capability Viewpoints
- An understanding of ITIL, ITSM, Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) or other similar frameworks, processes, and their associated methodologies.
- Evidence of a Systems Engineering Certification or education ( University or a body such as International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE)).
Application and Interview
COVID safety measures apply:
- First interview by video as a screening call to assess your interest
- Second Interview – Technical video interview to assess your competency and your potential training needs.
- Third – group video call with HR and 2 others ( can change)
- Fourth Interview – Hiring Manager
- Final Interview – HR, Senior Manager and Hiring Manager
Application in English:
- CV / Resume in English
- Salary expectations
- Advice of start date / your notice period
- A covering letter including a brief summary of your systems engineering knowledge in less than 200 words and additionally, an explanation of your reason to seek a new role.
Please send to email@example.com for consideration.
Thank you for your interest in this role