US/Swiss Tax Qualified – DACH Jurisdictions
DACH Tax Manager
A new position has been created for a Tax Manager DACH to join the tax department of a US NYSE listed manufacturing company.
The company has a global presence and seeks to now recruit additional staff to facilitate internal promotions and changes in Switzerland.
As DACH Tax Manager, you will be involved in the following:-
- Tax technical and transaction advice relating to merger, acquisition and divestment work including reviewing transaction documentation from a tax perspective.
- Support the EMEA Tax Manager in the discovery, identification and planning opportunities for tax saving and revenue optimisation in line with legislative changes.
- Liaison with, and management of local tax region and countries together with the USA Head Office.
- Handling general queries from the various business units relating to corporate, indirect and payroll taxes.
Tax Accounting & Reporting
- Advice and assistance to local European Finance and Treasury on completion of the tax related disclosures – quarterly pack, group reporting and preparation of summary or other reports for management.
- Consideration of the deferred tax position of each company and advice and assistance on completion of the tax related disclosures for the annual pack.
- Completion and responsibility for tax forecasts and budgets including review of individual reporting packs and preparation of overall summary reports for management.
- Preparation of quarterly tax review reports analysing the effective tax rate of the group.
- Liaison responsibility for DACH tax authorities.
- Monitor and control local corporate tax compliance for the group at local and DACH level for the group.
- Perform periodic tax control visits to offices in Austria and sites in Germany and Switzerland.
- Liaison with professional advisers as necessary.
Tax Audit Defence
- Liaison with local management and advisers in relation to any enquiries received from local tax authorities and dealing with the same in a timely and effective manner.
- Supply local group companies with advice, assistance and information as necessary in order to defend or resolve outstanding tax enquiries.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have both USA and Swiss certifications and a recognised accounting or tax qualification.
- Experience of working at DACH level or a minimum of 5 years.
- Industrial, Life Science or similar relevant experience in work experience.
- An understanding of European and US taxation issues, FATCA and other key topics or rules.
- Swiss residency in the Zurich area highly desirable.
Application and Interview
- First interview – In person with HR and Future EMEA Tax Manager
- Second Interview – Video conference call with Head of Group Tax – USA and colleagues
- Final interview – EMEA CFO, EMEA Financial Controller, HR and Future EMEA Tax Manager
- Candidate – Swiss based in Zurich, technology manufacturing
- Salary – Within mandate requirements
- Project go live to candidate start – 152 days due to resignation terms agreed between future/past employer for successful handover.
SaaS Marketing Manager – Tax Software B2B Request Callback Completed Project Marketing Manager About the job The key requirements of this role is ownership of all things marketing together with...Learn More
Machinery US/Swiss Tax Qualified – DACH Jurisdictions Request Callback Completed Project DACH Tax Manager A new position has been created for a Tax Manager DACH to join the tax department...Learn More